Big Hole Watershed Committee Publications and Studies
Big Hole River Watershed Restoration Plans
Strategic plan for non-point source water quality improvement, following results of studies, prioritizations and TMDL’s.
- Upper and North Fork Big Hole River Watershed Restoration Plan (2012)
- Middle-Lower Big Hole River Watershed Restoration Plan (2013)
Big Hole River Studies
Studies, analysis and prioritizations.
Other Big Hole River Resources
Big Hole River Resources developed by our partners.
- Beaverhead County Atlas (2012)
- Candidate Conservation Agreement with Assurances (2009)
- Middle and Lower Big Hole Planning Area TMDLs and Water Quality Improvement Plan
- Upper and North Fork Big Hole River Planning Area TMDLs and Framework Water Quality Restoration Approach
- Home Science: Backyard Conservation (A great resource for kids!)
Explore the Big Hole Watershed
- Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks Map
- Big Hole Watershed Interactive Map
- Trout Unlimited Fishing Access Site Map
Big Hole Area Press
- People and Carnivores: Ranching with Wolves in the Big Hole Valley (2017)
- Washington Post: With their population expanding, can Yellowstone grizzlies co-exist with humans? (2017)
- Washington Post: The Grizzlies Are Coming (2017)
- MT Public Radio: To Keep Predators Away, Montana Ranchers Compost Dead Cattle (2017)
- Big Year in Big Hole for Future Fisheries Restoration
- Video: Headwaters to a Continent – Montana’s Working Watershed Groups – Highlights the mission and history of watershed groups in the Big Hole, Rosebud, and Blackfoot watersheds.
- Billings Gazette: Wolves and Man: Conservation Project Looks to Achieve Coexistence with Wolves (2011)
- Cascadia Times: The Big Dry (2002)
- Montana Outdoors: Left in the Dust? (2004)
- USFWS: Fish Tales: Good News About Native Fish (2000)